The latest version of XNA comes with support for creating games for the Zune. I’m pretty excited about this and have embarked on an open source game with three coworkers called ZuDoKu. It will be a collaborative Sudoku variant for the zune.
I figured that in order to get this going I was going to have to update my Zune software finally. I haven’t been able to update it since I first got it, it’s not that I didn’t want to but it was just bombing out during the update process every time. Well I spent two hours of my friday night trying to fix it and finally was able to! It was choking when trying to access certain registry keys and when trying to unregister an assembly called Flash9b.ocx. Well both problems were eventually resolved by navigating to the registry keys in question and giving myself the correct permissions to manually delete the problematic keys.
It seems that Flash v9b was actually setting the “Everyone” user to be denied to delete some keys and their uninstallation process was not cleaning these keys up properly, which in turn was causing the Zune update software to choke. Well, after manually deleting all of the Flash related keys in HKLM\CLSID (after uninstalling flash of course) I got the update to finally work! I’m pretty excited… now off to game programming!
You must log in to post a comment.